We all know that Spurs are the greatest team in the world, after all that is why you are a die hard fan on this site! Whether you love watching your favourite team play in person, down the pub with your friends, or you love putting a bet on- watching Spurs is an exhilarating experience. If you fancy upping the ante when the season kicks off then you can check out a great range of the best free bets here to give you a helping hand before you get going!
But how much do you really know about your favourite team? Let us test your Spurs knowledge- read on to find out more!
- Did you know that Spurs hold the UK record for the most goals scored in a premier league match with a grand total of nine!
- Did you know that the biggest return on a bet on Spurs was an incredible £75,000? Just think, that could be you!
- Did you know that in 1963, Spurs were the first UK football club to win a big European completion when they sailed to glory at the European Winners Cup?
- Did you know that the at the time Spurs player Les Ferdinand scored the 10,000 Premiership goal during a match against Fulham that they went on to win 4-0 in 2001?
- Did you know that Spurs top goal scorer of all time is Jimmy Greaves with an impressive 266 goals under his belt?
- Did you know that the youngest Premiership player and goalscorer was Andy Turner who scored for his team in 1992 against Everton. He was just 17 at the time!
- Did you know that Spurs are the third most successful football team ever in the FA Cup? They are just behind Man U and Arsenal and they have won an impressive 8 times!
- Did you know that Spurs was formed in 1882 when the Hotspur Cricket Club wanted to play a sport in the winter and chose football?
- Did you know that Spurs were the first ever winners of the UEFA Cup back in 1971?
- Did you know that the record for the fastest goal ever is held by Ledley King who was playing for Spurs? He scored against Bradford City in just 9.9 seconds!
- Did you know that on the day that Spurs were defeated by Arsenal in the FD, their mascot, a pet parrot died? It had been a present upon the team returning from a tour of Uruguay and Argentina in 1908 and it is believed that the phrase “sick as a parrot” originates from this story!
Next time you are watching the game, or discussing the latest odds with your buddies, be sure to pull a few of these out of the bag!